I have an enormous collection of food-related things. Here is a list of the things I have too many of.
- I have absolutely tooooo many books. The two bookshelves I’ve filled with 200-odd volumes is just the "hafta have" stuff. There are many, many more in storage. I just added another twenty or so, the famous Time-Life "Foods Of the World" collection. They each have their own companion book with just the recipes, too. So that makes…more.
- I have over a hundred cookie cutters. I like cookies.
- I have five identical Springform pans. I like cheesecake.
- I have seven rectangular cooling racks. I’m sure you understand why.
- I have eight whisks. One is French. One is a balloon whisk. One is a tiny whisk with a chick and egg as a handle. One is nonstick. One is a very expensive whisk that I won as an employee at Williams-Sonoma. One is just for drink making. One is enormous, and one of them we use in the kitchen for cooking.
- Pounds of butter. I bought a case of butter this winter because the price was insane; like, a dollar something a pound. How do you eat a case of butter? One reduction at a time.
- I have too many things to finish tonight that I have to stop making this list and get down to business. Wanna see the list?