When I’m short on time and long on surprise guests, this is a favorite go-to hors d’oeuvre!
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer
- 1 tablespoon or more dried herb blend, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 3-4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup or more Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 teaspoons chestnut or other savory honey (optional, but lovely)
- A few pinches of sea salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- Slices of baguette
- Fresh or lightly steamed vegetables cut into bite-sized pieces
Lightly toast sliced baguette in 325 F. oven for 7-12 minutes or until light golden, turning over once if desired. While bread is baking, combine the fresh and dried herbs, goat cheese and garlic in a food processor. While the motor is running, add the olive oil, optional honey, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Put cheese mixture into a small serving bowl with a small spreader and serve alongside vegetables and baguette.