Thanks to everyone who joined me this evening for my cooking class, Rustic Italian Cooking at ChefShop.com. As promised, here is the recipe for this evening’s appetizer. Easy, delicious, and super-fast. Enjoy!
Tuscan Bean Dip with Rosemary and Olive Oil
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- ¾ cup stock or water, plus more if needed
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- A few drizzles of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if desired
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat the beans together with the water or stock, garlic and rosemary on low heat. When the beans are very soft and warmed through, remove the rosemary and garlic and mash them with a potato masher until they are roughly processed. Add a few drops of oil and mash a bit more. Continue adding the oil and mashing until the beans are somewhat smooth (it doesn’t have to be perfect!). Squeeze the garlic out onto a cutting board and gently mash it with the side of a knife and add it to the mashed beans. If desired, chop the left over rosemary and stir in with beans as well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Dollop onto grilled bread or scoop up with fresh sliced veggies. Serves 6-8.