I would be lying if I said I didn’t use this on, well, errrythinnng. It’s not too bad eaten by the spoonful, or scooped up with pita if you’re shy about being a glutton.
makes a scant 2 cups dressing
- ¾ to 1 cup unflavored, plain yogurt (can be soy, coconut or milk-based)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen and defrosted English or garden peas
- 2 or more teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus zest if desired
- 2 tablespoons each loosely packed mint and Italian parsley
- 1 clove of garlic or half a small shallot, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, as needed
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or in a bowl with a metal whisk. Adjust for flavor with lemon, salt and pepper. This will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.